The Milford School Committee will hold a workshop at 6 p.m. on Thursday, March 6 in the library of the Dr. Lewis S. Libby School. The purpose of the workshop is for review and discussion of the FY15 school department budget.
The Old Town Planning Board will meet on Tuesday, February 18, 2014, in the City Hall Council Chambers at 6 p.m. to hear the following cases:
Site Plan Application for Bonne Vie Properties, LLC, to construct a 50′ x 120′ shop building for Dirigo Slipform on Dirigo Way. Tax Map 6, Lot 3B. To construct a 28′ x 68′ with future expansion of 24′ x 68′ office building for Dirigo Slipform on Dirigo Way. Tax Map 5, Lot 3. Case # 1512.
Ordinance changes to the Zoning Ordinance for accessory structures setbacks, home occupations & home daycares, front yard setback requirements for structures in existence prior to Ordinance changes in 2009, and introducing language for Auto Recycling Business requirements. Case # 1513.
The Orono Town Council will meet tonight, Feb. 10, 2014 at 7 p.m. in the council chambers in the municipal building. The agenda for that meeting is as follows:
1. Roll Call
2. Agenda Review
3. Approval of minutes of January 13, 2014
4. Public Hearings
a. To consider a an Amendment to the Town of Orono Ordinances, Chapter 28 Personnel, Section 28-63(c) regarding Accrual of Compensatory Time.
Order 14-19 Order, approving an Amendment to the Town of Orono Ordinances, Chapter 28 Personnel, Section 28-63(c) regarding Accrual of Compensatory Time.
5. Acknowledgments by Council Members
6. Unfinished Business
7. Consent Agenda
Order 14-20 Order, scheduling a public hearing to be held March 10, 2014 at 7:00 p.m. to consider redistricting of Voting Wards 1 and 2.
Order 14-21 Order, approving the Resolution for Membership in the Maine Service Centers Coalition for 2014 and designating Sophia L. Wilson as the Voting Delegate Representative and designating Belle Ryder as the Alternate.
Order 14-22 Order, authorizing the Town Manager to pay the FY14 Property Tax for property located at 135 Kelley Road, Map 26 Lot 3 (currently owned by the Town of Orono) in the amount of $737.76 from the Overlay Account.
Order 14-23 Order, setting the hours of voting as 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and the polling
place as the Council Chambers of the Municipal Building for Wards 1 & 2 for the March 11, 2014 Municipal Election.
Order 14-24 Order, changing the hours that the Registrar will accept registrations of applicants who appear in person as follows: On the last five business days before the March 11, 2014 Municipal Election, from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. [MRSA 21A, Sec. 122.6.A (2) and (8)].
Order 14-25 Order, approving the Town Clerk’s appointment of Warden and Assistant Warden for the March 11, 2014 Municipal Election: Wardens – Judy Sullivan and Mark Haggerty.
Order 14-26 Order, committing a true list of sewerage service assessments to Annie Brown, Treasurer, in the amount of $111,225.46.
8. New Business
Order 14-27 Order, awarding the bid for Banking Services to The First and authorizing the Town Manager to take all necessary actions to transfer the funds.
Order 14-28 Order, authorizing the Town Manager to join with the City of Bangor for the
purchase of a new Pierce Saber PVC Pumper Truck for the Fire Department;
and further, to execute an agreement with Oshkosh Capital to finance said
purchase over five (5) years at an interest rate no to exceed 2.71%.
Order 14-29 Order, accepting a Safety Grant from MMA Risk Management Services in the amount of $1,677.33 for Orono Public Library Ergonomics and authorizing matching funds up to $2,000 to be drawn from the Library Construction Account.
Order 14-30 Order, authorizing the Town Manager to sign an Agreement with the Maine Department of Transportation for the replacement of Bus Shelters with funding from the New Freedom Grant. (Approximately $18,000, no match required)
9. Future Agenda Items/Items of Concern
10. Public Petitions
11. Public Comments
The Milford School Committee will hold its regular monthly meeting on Thursday, Feb. 13 at 6 p.m. at the Dr. Lewis S. Libby School. The agenda for that meeting is as follows:
I. Call to Order
II. Declaration of Quorum
III. Flag Salute
IV. Public Comment
V. Spotlight on Learning – Gifted/Talented Program
VI. Additions and Amendments to Agenda
VII. Approval of Minutes
VIII. Report and Discussions:
B. Assistant Principal/Athletic Director
C. Director of Special Education
IX. New Business
X. Old Business
A. School Sign
B. Cell phone reimbursement request
C. Teacher Negotiation Contract FY 2014-2016
XI. Executive Session Committee
XII. ACTION ITEMS:
A. 2014-2016 Teacher Negotiated Contract
XIV. Public Comment
A. Budget format and forecast
Next proposed meeting date: March 13, 2014
Town of Orono
Wednesday, February 5, 2014 at 5:30 p.m.
Council Chamber – Municipal Building
1. Roll Call
2. Orono Public Library Matching Grant Request
3. New Freedom Project – Bus Shelters
4. FY15 Fire Truck Purchase
5. FY15 Capital Budget
6. Appointment of Orono-Veazie Water District Trustee
7. Update on Afterschool Program
The Old Town City Council will hold its regular monthly meeting at 7 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 3 in the City Council Chambers on the second floor of City Hall, 265 Main Street, Old Town. The agenda for that meeting is as follows:
I. Call to order (Please turn off or silent cell phones)
II. Flag salute
III. Roll call
IV. Approval of the Minutes of the December 19, 2013 Special Council Meeting, the January 6, 2014 Regular Meeting and the January 19, 2014 Special Council
V. Petitions, communications and citizens’ requests
A. Council President
B. Standing Committees (Finance, Public, Administrative & Economic
Services; Landfill, Legislative, Sewer, Airport & Housing sub-
E. Special Committees
F. School Board Liaison
VII. Consent agenda (New Business items 1, 2, 3 & 4)
Suggested motion: Resolved, the Old Town City Council hereby approves the Suggested motions under New Business items 1, 2 & 3 as presented.
VIII. Public hearings and second reading of ordinances
IX. Old business
X. New business
1. The City Council will consider approval to accept monies from the State of Maine in the case against the State of Maine vs. Jerald S. Hiland in the amount of $420.00 or any portion thereof based on the grounds that the Old Town Police department made a substantial contribution to the investigation of this criminal case.
Suggested motion: Resolved, the Old Town City Council hereby approves to accept $770.00 or any portion thereof from the State of Maine vs. Jerald S. Hiland based on the grounds that the Old Town Police department made a substantial contribution to the investigation of this criminal case.
2. The City Council will consider approval to accept monies from the State of Maine in the case against the State of Maine vs. Sarah J. Lemery and Jamel Slaughter (Co-Defendents) in the amount of $980.00 or any portion thereof based on the grounds that the Old Town Police department made a substantial contribution to the investigation of this criminal case.
Suggested motion: Resolved, the Old Town City Council hereby approves to accept $980.00 or any portion thereof from the State of Maine vs. Sarah J. Lemery and Jamel Slaughter (Co-Defendents) based on the grounds that the Old Town Police department made a substantial contribution to the investigation of this criminal case.
3. The City Council will consider authorizing the purchase of a newer vehicle for the Police Department in an amount not to exceed $17,000.00 as recommended by the Finance Committee. This vehicle will replace the Detective’s car that is currently broken down.
Suggested motion: Resolved, the Old Town City Council hereby authorizes the purchase of a newer vehicle for the Police Department in an amount not to exceed $17,000.00 as recommended by the Finance Department. Funds will come from Account #7000- 0414 Heavy Capital Equipment.
4. The City Council will hear a report from Erving Deck of Stantec on the Airport Master Plan and Operations.
The Milford Board of Selectmen will meet at 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 5 at the Milford Town Hall. The agenda is as follows:
A. Roll Call
B. Consent Agenda
1. Treasurer’s Warrants
2. Secretary’s Report – January 15, 2014
3. Tax Supplements/Abatements
4. Sewer Supplements/Abatements
5. Sewer Commitment – Quarterly Billing January 2014
6. Public Comments on Agenda Items
D. Policy Agenda
1. Nominations – Appointments – Elections
1. Budget Committee
2. Old Business
1. Call Road Survey Update
2. Bid Opening – Plow Truck Bids
3. Main Road Reconstruction Update
4. Municipal Building Lighting Upgrade – Update
3. New Business
1. March Meeting Schedule
2. Bill of Sale – Eric King – Repurchase Agreement
3. UMaine Senior Capstone Project
1. Draft Policy – Social Media Policy & Guidelines – 2nd reading
5. Selectmen’s Concerns
F. Committee Reports
G. Manager’s Report
The Town of Orono’s Community Development-Finance-Operations Committee will meet Wednesday, Jan. 29 at 5:30 p.m. in .the Council Chambers at the Municipal Building. The agenda is as follows:
1. Roll Call
2. Orono-Veazie Water District Trustees Interview
3. Discussion with Orono-Veazie Water District
4. Municipal Review Committee Post-218 Planning Process Resolution
5. Banking Services Subcommittee Update
6. Personnel Ordinance Revision – Compensatory Time
7. Manager Evaluation Process