UMAINE – During Maine Hello, 8 a.m.–4 p.m. Friday, Aug. 25, about 2,500 students will arrive on campus to move into their residence halls for the academic year.
High levels of traffic are expected on campus and through downtown Orono and Old Town.
To accommodate the event, several parking lots and roads will be closed Aug. 23–27.
The following parking areas will be closed Wednesday, Aug. 23 through Friday, Aug. 25:
- Hilltop Lot
- Stewart Quad
- Knox Lot
- Somerset Lot (closed through Aug. 27)
The following parking areas will be closed Thursday, Aug. 24 and Friday, Aug. 25:
- Tennis court
- Jenness Lot North and South
- Gannett/Cutler Lot
- York Lot
- Deering Lot (front half)
- Stewart Commons (closed Friday only)
The following parking areas will have limited access:
- Emera Astronomy Center, reserved for Hilltop employees only, Aug. 23–25
- New Balance Recreation Center, open only to Rec Center patrons, Maine Hello volunteers, and Hilltop employees who need handicap parking, Aug. 24–25
- Belgrade Lot and Collins Center for the Arts Lot, reserved for Maine Hello vehicles only, Aug. 25
Road closures and traffic pattern changes on Aug. 25:
- Long Road between Androscoggin Road and Knox Lot, closed both ways
- Flagstaff Road from Long Road, one-way flow southbound across Flagstaff Road
- Belgrade Road from Rangeley Road, one-way flow westbound across Belgrade Road
- Square Road in front of York Commons and York Lot, one-way flow westbound
For more information, call Parking Services at 581.4047.